Drop off locations for our Holiday Giving Event
Our Holiday Giving event is underway! We are collecting:
Warm clothing for The Dwelling Place. Warm hats, gloves, coats are needed as well as socks, underwear and pajamas. Clothing is needed in all sizes for men, women, teens and children.
Children’s books for Little Libraries on the East side of Gaithersburg. This collection is in coordination with G-Parc. In particular, the following gently used books are requested:
- Multicultural books featuring diverse characters (ages 5 – 10
- Picture books and other books for beginning readers
- Award winning books, such as Caldecott Medal & Honor, Newbery, Coretta Scott King Book Award
- Graphic novels for grades 3 and 4 such as Dogman, Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Dork Diaries
- Non-fiction focused on animals, sports, science, Black History, cooking, crafts, etc.
- Books as describe above in Spanish, French, Mandarin, Korean, bi-lingual, and other languages
Canned food for area food banks. Spaghetti, spaghetti sauce, peanut butter, jelly, and breakfast cereal are always in need.
Drop off locations can be found throughout the Kentlands. Items may be dropped off at Privai Spa,(warm clothing only) My Big Finds, the Gaithersburg Arts Barn in coordination with Artists on Market, and The List Realty. In addition, items may be dropped off at 111 Thaxton Street.
Remember the Foundation on Giving Tuesday, November 29
Giving Tuesday is November 29th. If you enjoy our many programs like Musica Viva Kentlands, Kentlands Under the Lights, or the 5K to name a few, please consider adding the Kentlands Community Foundation to your end of year giving. As a non-profit, the Foundation relies on donations to continue to offer such high quality programs to our community.
To donate please visit our donation site.